PGS Wins Woodside Marine Seismic Processing Contract
PGS Australia has received the Notice of Award of a contract to provide data processing services for all of Woodside's global marine data processing controlled from Australia. The contract has an initial term of two years with the option to extend to four years.
Woodside will use software developed by PGS, alongside a team from PGS in Woodside's office. The planned projects will be exploiting the latest processing technologies including 4D, 3D-SRME, multi-azimuth surveys, and depth imaging.
Sverre Strandenes, Group President Data Processing and Technology, said in a comment:
"The award of this tender represents a significant milestone for DP in Asia Pacific. Woodside is a key client for us and together with them we will use new, advanced processing tools to provide a clearer image."
Jo McArdle, Vice President Data Processing for Asia Pacific added; "In order to perform a thorough evaluation of the technical and commercial capabilities of all the major contractors, Woodside constructed a masterpiece tender document and procurement procedure. It is a testament to the strength and capabilities of our people and our technology to receive this award, and we intend to excel throughout our partnership with Woodside."
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: PGS more info
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- PGS Raises Funds Through Private Placement (Nov 23)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)