Aker Kvaerner Wins Contract for New Balmoral Project
Aker Kvaerner in Aberdeen has been awarded a contract by CNR International (UK) Limited (CNR), on behalf of the Balmoral partners, for all design and construction activities on a new project on the Balmoral Floating Production Facility in the outer Moray Firth basin.
The scope of the work involves the installation of additional equipment on the Balmoral Floating Facility to enable processing of gas from the Brenda field. The new facilities will also provide additional capacity for the Balmoral field itself.
Aker Kvaerner will undertake all design, engineering, procurement and construction work for the project, which is scheduled to continue until July 2007. It involves approximately 40 personnel offshore and up to 40 onshore.
Aker Kvaerner has already undertaken work for CNR on an earlier phase of this project. Project team leader Walter Abernethy said: "Although this is the start of a new venture for us, it is also a continuation of work we have done on the Balmoral facility to date. It builds on our relationship with CNR and we look forward to a long and successful future with this key client."
The new project will be based at Aker Kvaerner's extensive office facilities at Dyce, Aberdeen, with detailed engineering support being provided from the business's offices at Stockton-on-Tees.
Canadian energy operator Oilexco owns and operates the Brenda field and has an agreement with the Balmoral field partners relating to the construction and tie-in of the Brenda Field to the Balmoral Floating Production Facility and for the provision of production and operating services to the field.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Oilexco more info
- Flexlife Completes Major Projects Using New Scanning Technology (Sep 15)
- Oilexco Files Eighth Default Status Report (Jul 21)
- Oil's Move Could Fuel E&P Deals (May 27)
Company: CNR International more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Petrofac Secures $400M of Repeat UK Orders (Jun 19)
- Total Discovers Oil Offshore Ivory Coast (Apr 17)
- Total, Anadarko, CNR To Spend Up To $300M On Ivory Coast Blocks (Nov 06)
Company: Balmoral Group more info
- Flexible Network Forum to Visit Balmoral Offshore Engineering (Jun 15)
- Aker Kvaerner Wins Contract for New Balmoral Project (Dec 27)