PDVSA, Petronas to Explore Orinoco's Boyaca 5
Venezuela's state oil company PDVSA and its Malaysian counterpart Petronas will jointly explore and possibly produce in the Orinoco extra-heavy oil belt's Boyaca 5 block, PDVSA said in a statement.
As such, Petronas will have to join Venezuela's "magna reserva" initiative, which entails PDVSA and partners determining Orinoco oil reserves.
Petronas would then have to determine Boyaca 5 reserves and, if amounts are deemed commercial, would have the first option to perform E&P there with PDVSA.
Other companies participating in "magna reserva" projects are from Russia, China, Spain, India, Iran, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Belarus and Venezuela.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela Confirms Discussing Citgo Collateral Swap With Rosneft (Oct 04)
- Venezuelans Face Growing Queues To Buy Gasoline (Sep 21)
- Venezuela's Crude Supply To The United States Was Flat In August (Sep 13)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)