PEARL Energy Awarded Block G2/48 in the Gulf of Thailand

PEARL Energy Limited's subsidiary, Pearl Oil Offshore Limited, has been conditionally awarded the petroleum contract for Block G2/48 in the northern section of the Gulf of Thailand.

PEARL Offshore will hold 100% interest in Block G2/48 and will be the operator. The block covers an area of 19,040 sq. km and is located to the immediate north of the PEARL-operated Block B5/27, which contains the Jasmine oil field and accounts for approximately half of the Group's total daily net working interest oil production.

"Block G2/48 is under explored with only limited seismic data but it offers several potentially interesting leads given its position at the northernmost part of the Pattani Basin and with the East Kra Basin to the west. This concession significantly enhances our exploration portfolio in Thailand where we have enjoyed continuing success with the Jasmine development," said Chris Gibson-Robinson, PEARL's Chief Operating Officer.

PEARL Offshore is wholly owned by PEARL's 70%-owned subsidiary, PEARLOIL (Siam) Limited. The remaining 30% equity interest in PEARL Siam is held by Choice Plus Holdings Limited.

Related Companies
For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Attorney I
Expertise: Contracts Administration|Legal
Location: Houston, 
 
Project Engineer/Project Manager
Expertise: Project Management
Location: Baton Rouge, 
 
Community Relations Manager Job
Expertise: Legal|PR / Corporate Communications|Project Management
Location: Red Wing, MN
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $53.92/BBL 2.79%
Light Crude Oil : $51.08/BBL 2.66%
Natural Gas : $3.3/MMBtu 3.22%
Updated in last 24 hours