Grenland Awarded Contract for Gjoa Project
Grenland Group has signed a letter of intent with FMC Technologies, Kongsberg, for the fabrication, assembly and testing of five large subsea structures for Statoil's Gjoa project, offshore Norway.
In value, this is one of Grenland Group's largest separate assignments so far within subsea fabrication. The expected date for the contract award is stipulated to February 28, 2007.
The subsea structures (template/manifolds/flow module/satellite structure) to be fabricated and assembled by Grenland Group, will have a total weight of more than 1700 tonnes.
The fabrication of the production systems will be carried out by Grenland Group's yards in Grenland and in Tonsberg. The main assembly of the large integrated structures will be fabricated in Tonsberg, and the manifolds and the satellite structure will be fabricated and assembled in the Grenland region.
Statoil is the development operator, while Gaz de France Norge takes over as production operator.
Gjoa is an oil and condensate (light oil) field situated north of the Troll field – about 65 kilometers south-east of Floro, Norway.
The delivery of the subsea structures is scheduled for summer 2008.
The contract value for Grenland Group will amount to approximately NOK 120 million.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: Kongsberg Maritime more info
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Statoil, Kongsberg Sign Deal with Eelume to Develop Subsea Technology (Apr 18)
- Range Resources Ltd Production, CAPEX in Decline (Jan 27)
Company: Grenland Group more info
- Grenland Enters Engineering Agreement with Samsung for Valemon Platform (May 19)
- Grenland Receives LOIs from FMC (Mar 15)
- Grenland Lands FEED Contract for Gullfaks B (Feb 17)