Oceaneering Delivers and Installs Petrobras' Cottonwood Umbilical
Oceaneering International has delivered and installed a 17.5 mile, steel tube umbilical in the Cottonwood field for Petrobras America, Inc.
The umbilical was manufactured at the Oceaneering Multiflex plant in Panama City, Florida and was installed using the Ocean Intervention II, a dynamically positioned (ABS 2) multiservice vessel.
Cottonwood, located in 2,200 feet of water at Garden Banks 244, is a two well, subsea development being tied back to a fixed platform in East Cameron 373. The umbilical consists of two electrical quads for power and signal operations and eleven super duplex steel tubes for hydraulic power and chemical injection.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Oceaneering International more info
- Oceaneering Names New CEO (Feb 15)
- IoT Technology to Reduce Need for Oil, Gas Workers Offshore (Oct 14)
- Oceaneering Clinches Contract to Provide Subsea Support Vessel in India (Sep 30)