Pemex Awards US $412 Million in Drilling Contracts
Mexican state oil company Pemex's E&P unit Pemex Exploracion y Produccion has awarded companies Swecomex, Servicios Integrales GSM and BJ Services (NYSE: BJS) a joint drilling contract for 1.43bn pesos (US$132mn) plus US$280mn.
The contract entails drilling and completing wells at fields in the southern region, local group Carso Infraestructura y Construccion (CICSA) said in a filing to the Mexican stock exchange (BMV).
Cicsa is the parent company of Swecomex and Servicios Integrales GSM.
Works, which include complementary infrastructure, are due to begin next month and wrap up in December 2009, the filing said.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)