Eurasia Seeks MOU Extension
Eurasia Energy Limited on Wednesday said that its memorandum of understanding (MOU) dated December 7, 2005 with the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) has expired.
The MOU provided for termination in the event that Eurasia and SOCAR did not sign an agreement on the basic commercial principals and provisions of an exploration, rehabilitation, development and production sharing agreement (ERDPSA) on or before December 7, 2006. Management of Eurasia is continuing discussions with SOCAR with a view to extending the MOU to give more time to reach agreement on the basic commercial principals and provisions of an ERDPSA.
Eurasia has completed its comprehensive study and initial development plan for the 600 square kilometer offshore oil and gas block, which is the subject of the MOU.
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Boost Its Share In New Deal With BP On Oil Fields (Sep 08)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR Sees H2 2016 Net Profit At $298 MM (Jan 17)
Company: Eurasia Energy more info
- Russian Watchdog Says Schlumberger-Eurasia Drilling Deal 'Has Big Problems' (Aug 16)
- Eurasia, Schlumberger to Swap Russian Assets (Oct 05)
- Tax Cuts Likely to Benefit Russian Oil Service Companies (May 28)