Roxar Wins Contract for Kizomba C Multiphase Meters
Roxar on Wednesday said that it has signed a multimillion-dollar contract with Vetco Gray to supply its multiphase meters to the Kizomba C development, offshore Angola.
The 19 Roxar subsea multiphase meters are to be installed in the Mondo and Saxi/Batuque fields and follow the successful installation of Roxar meters by ExxonMobil in the Kizomba B development, which went into production in 2005. In June 2006, Roxar announced the signing of the Letter of Intent for the installation in the Mondo field which has since been extended to the Saxi/Batuque fields as well.
Through the continuous measurement of the amount of oil, condensate, gas and water at the wellheads on the sea bed, ExxonMobil will be able to determine the optimal production capacity of each well (thereby avoiding the risk of overproducing the well), increase flow assurance from the fields and optimize the production process.
Through a standard remotely operated underwater vehicle, installation and maintenance of the meters can take place with no impact on production and without the need for test lines and manifolds – particularly useful in the deep waters of the Kizomba development.
Roxar CEO, Sandy Esslemont welcomed the announcement: "We are delighted to be extending our relationship with Vetco Gray and ExxonMobil today and ensuring that the Roxar Multiphase meter has a crucial and growing role to play in Kizomba, one of Africa’s most exciting and challenging new developments.
"By measuring multiphase flows in real-time to an unsurpassed degree of accuracy and by providing valuable new information for the diagnosis and optimization of a well’s performance (the timing of well flow changes, for example), ExxonMobil will be able to conduct quicker and more efficient well tests, take greater control over its production systems and ensure maximum reservoir performance. ExxonMobil has learned this through the use of our meters in Kizomba B and we are delighted that they have come back again."
The Roxar Multiphase meters are designed for maximum reliability, performance and flexibility, each well having a jumper mounted meter with retrievable canisters containing electronics, CPU (Central Processing Unit) and power. By eliminating flanges, the need for dedicated test lines and the need for full body replacement, should electronics fail, the meter simplifies manifold and subsea structure design and minimizes the risk of leakage and environmental pollution. The meter is easy to install. weighs only 1,500 pounds.
Roxar said that its multiphase meter is more accurate than separation-based systems because it is independent of separation efficiency and insensitive to slugs, foam, carry-overs and emulsions.
The Mondo Field is located 370 kilometers west of Luanda, Angola, in 740 meters of water and represents phase one of the deepwater Kizomba C project. Together with the Saxi and Batuque fields, combined resources are estimated at 615 million barrels of oil. Two FPSOs will be required to develop the fields with initial production set for early 2008 and peak production estimated at 200,000 b/d (barrels per day). The estimated cost for the Kizomba C development is US$3.5 billion.
The Kizomba project is part of Block 15 and is the largest deepwater development offshore West Africa. To date, over four billion oil-equivalent barrels have been discovered on the block and, following the 2005 start-up of Kizomba B, combined daily production capacity is more than 550 thousand b/d. Daily production capacity for the block is projected to exceed 750 thousand b/d by 2008.
In addition to Esso (operator, 40 percent), other participants in Block 15 are BP Exploration (Angola) Limited (26.67 percent), ENI Angola Exploration B.V. (20 percent) and Statoil Angola (13.33 percent). Sonangol is the Concessionaire.
Vetco Gray is a supplier of turnkey solutions, systems and services for onshore and offshore drilling and production, with a century of experience in the oil and gas industry. Vetco Gray employs approximately 4,500 people at more than 60 locations in over 30 countries and, along with Vetco Aibel, is a subsidiary of Vetco International Limited.
Roxar is an international technology solutions provider to the upstream oil and gas industry. The company creates value for its customers through innovative products and services that help achieve maximum performance from oil and gas reservoirs.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Roxar more info
- Emerson Process Management Snaps Up Roxar ASA (May 06)
- Emerson Launches Voluntary Offer to Acquire Roxar (Mar 02)
- Oil and Gas Operator Inks Purchase Order for Roxar's Subsea Equipment (Jan 05)
Company: VetcoGray more info
- Hayward Tyler on Track to Deliver Motor to VetcoGray in Norway (Feb 10)
- GE Oil & Gas Boosts Lobito Tomboco Output (Feb 02)
- Shell Places First Order for VetcoGray Subsea Tree (Feb 01)