FX Reports on Polish Drilling
FX Energy, Inc. said that casing is set and cemented into the top of the Zechstein section at a depth of 2,951 meters in the Winna Gora well. When drilling resumes the well will be drilled through the Zechstein section and a liner will be set prior to drilling into the Rotliegend target reservoir at a projected depth of 3,510 meters. Results of the well are expected in January. Polish Oil and Gas Company (PGNiG) is the operator and owns 51% of the well; FX Energy owns 49%.
FX Energy also reported that the location for the Roszkow well is under construction and drilling is expected to begin in January. The well is located in the Company's Fences I project area and is on trend with the Zaniemysl discovery that began production in October of this year. Roszkow is planned to test a Rotliegend structure at a depth of 2,975 meters. PGNiG operates the well and owns a 51% interest; FX Energy owns 49%.
FX Energy, Inc. holds a land position of 250,000 acres around its Wilga discovery and over 3.2 million acres in a known hydrocarbon region in western Poland's Permian Basin. The Permian Basin's gas-bearing Rotliegend sandstone is a direct analog to the Southern Gas Basin offshore England, and represents a largely untapped source of potentially significant gas reserves.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Poland's PGNiG To Receive LNG Spot Delivery From Statoil In September (Sep 05)
- Poland Suspends Russian Gas Supplies Via Yamal Pipeline Due To Poor Quality (Jun 21)
Company: FX Energy, Inc. more info
- FX Energy is Reading Szymanowice-1 Well for Production (Dec 31)
- FX Energy Tests Poland Tuchola-3K Well (Apr 29)
- FX Energy 'Disappointed' over Polish Mieczewo Well (Apr 08)