DeGolyer & McNaughton to Audit Petrobras' New Finds
Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras has hired international auditing company DeGolyer & McNaughton to audit new discoveries in the country, Petrobras E&P director Guilherme Estrella told BNamericas.
Petrobras wants the audit performed before declaring the discoveries commercially feasible. Petrobras plans to announce commercial feasibility of at least three new offshore fields in the country by year-end, BNamericas reported in mid-October. Two are gas fields close to the existing Golfinho gas field in the Espirito Santo basin's northern region and the third is in the Campos basin's northern region, close to the existing Jubarte heavy crude field.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: DeGolyer & MacNaughton more info
- Brazil's OGX Says Field May Have Third of Expected Oil (Oct 03)
- Brazil-West African Connection Sparks Subsalt Oil Search (Apr 09)
- Rosneft's Total Proved Reserves Up 2.5% (Feb 08)