West Navigator to Stay on at Ormen Lange
Seadrill has been awarded a letter of intent by A/S Norske Shell, on behalf of the operator Norsk Hydro, for the assignment of the deepwater drillship West Navigator on the Ormen Lange field in the Norwegian Sea.
The contract has a duration of four years and nine months (1733 days), and estimated contract value is approximately US $806 million. The commencement is scheduled for October 1, 2007. The assignment is subject to approval by the Ormen Lange project partners.
West Navigator is currently operating for Shell at the Ormen Lange field.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)