Lyginia 1 Comes Up Dry
ARC Energy says that Lyginia 1 was drilled directionally to a total depth at 2,345 meters measured depth in the Carynginia Formation. The top of the targeted Dongara Sandstone was intersected at 2,162.5 meters true vertical depth subsea, approximately 12 meters deeper than prognosed. Based on the logging-while-drilling (LWD) resistivity and gamma ray logs, it is interpreted that the Dongara Sandstone in Lyginia 1 does not contain hydrocarbons.
The well will now be plugged and abandoned.
The Lyginia 1 exploration well was located in Perth Basin, Western Australia. The partners in the well are ARC Energy as operator with 50% and Origin Energy as operator with 50%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)