E&P Round's 1st Group of Blocks Draws Nine
Nine groups submitted offers to Trinidad & Tobago's energy ministry for the first group of blocks in the current hydrocarbons bidding round, the ministry's resource management director Helena Inniss confirmed to BNamericas.
Onshore, nearshore and shallow marine blocks make up the first group.
The eight onshore/nearshore blocks include shallow and deep-horizon areas in each of the Guayaguayare (2,329sq km), Southwest Peninsula (1,455sq km), Herrera (953sq km) and Central Range (1,590sq km) blocks.
The shallow marine blocks are 2(ab) covering 1,605sq km and NCMA 2 and NCMA 3, which each cover 1,019sq km. The three blocks have water depths ranging from 25-130m.
A consortium made up of Canada's Husky Energy and Canadian Voyager Energy submitted bids for Central Range and Guayaguayare blocks. Australia's Hardman Oil and Gas also submitted an offer for Guayaguayare.
Trinidad Exploration Development Unlimited was the sole bidder for the Southwest Peninsula.
The UK's Centrica Energy and consortiums ONGC-Mittal and BG-Petrocanada-ENI submitted offers for NCMA 2, while Canadian Superior, Spain's Repsol YPF and consortium Hardman-Centrica bid on block 2 (ab).
Herrera and NCMA 3 blocks attracted no bidders.
The ministry expects to announce winners early next year.
The deadline to submit offers for the deepwater blocks is December 15.
The eight deepwater blocks range from 79,947-84,155ha and are off the country's east coast.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Canadian Superior Energy more info
- Canadian Superior Energy Notes Operational Updates (Jun 03)
- Canadian Superior Energy Posts 1Q10 Results (May 13)
- Canadian Superior Energy Waves Goodbye to COO (May 05)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Centrica PLC more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- Gazprom Smells Opportunity as UK's Biggest Gas Store Shuts (Jun 23)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)