Plexus Expands into Trinidad with Repsol, Petro-Canada Contracts
Plexus Holdings PLC, an oil and gas engineering services business, has won contracts to supply Repsol E&P T&T LTD and Petro-Canada Trinidad & Tobago Block 1A Inc & 1B Inc with its proprietary Pos-Grip wellhead systems. Both companies will utilize Plexus' exploration rental wellhead equipment, mudline suspension equipment and service support in offshore Trinidad, which is an additional territory of operation for the company.
The Repsol contract, won through Plexus' partners in Trinidad, IAL Engineering Services Ltd, commences this month for an undefined period, whilst the Petro-Canada contract runs initially for two years starting in early 2007. The number of wells will depend on the overall level of exploration activity, but the directors believe that Repsol and Petro-Canada will initially drill at least six wells between them, which would result in sales revenues in excess of £500,000.
Plexus' rental business forms a key part of its worldwide growth strategy. During the past 12-months a number of new rental wellhead markets have opened up for the company including Egypt and Brunei, particularly for its unique high pressure and high temperature Jack up drilling rental wellhead equipment.
Plexus CEO Ben van Bilderbeek said, "These new contracts are testament to the growing awareness of Plexus amongst major oil companies. They broaden our geographic reach and further lift the profile of the unique POS-GRIP method and its considerable time saving and safety benefits. We are focused on securing additional international long-term contracts to add to our already impressive blue-chip client list, which includes British Gas, BP, ConocoPhillips, Maersk and Shell."
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: Plexus Holdings more info
- Plexus Signs Drilling Services Agreement with Gusar, Konar (Jan 26)
- Shell Awards Contract to Plexus for Work Offshore Hainan Island (May 22)
- Plexus Brings New Engineering Approach to Wellhead Technology (Feb 01)