Global Petroleum Says Pomboo Well in Kenya Underway
Global Petroleum reports that the Pomboo No. 1 Well in the L-5 Kenya License spudded on December 2, 2006. The well is being drilled in 2,200 meters of water to a depth of approximately 5,000 meters below sea level.
The costs associated with Global's 20% in L5 and L7 are carried for all activities through the drilling of the first well in each of these areas.
Another transaction is pending which, subject to the necessary permissions, will result in the transfer of a 3% interest in L-5 and L-7 from Dana to Repsol, resulting in Repsol having a 23% interest in L-5 and L-7 and Dana a 27% interest.
The L-5 Joint Venture participants are Woodside as operator with 30%; Dana with 30%; Repsol with 20% and Global Petroleum with the remaining 20%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Global Petroleum Limited more info
- Global Petroleum Appoints New Director (Jun 10)
- Global Petroleum Looking to Acquire New Projects, Remains 'Selective' (Jan 29)
- Global Petroleum Director Resigns from Board (Jan 22)