Murphy Oil Gets Thunder Ridge Results
Murphy Oil reports that its Thunder Ridge exploration well located in Mississippi Canyon Block 737 has been temporarily plugged and abandoned. The primary objectives found wet sands, with a secondary shallower objective encountering a small oil accumulation. The exploration well and subsequent sidetrack were drilled in over 6,100 feet of water.
Post-drilling analysis will continue to determine if the resource found can be commercially viable as a tie-back to another facility. Thunder Ridge lies in close proximity to the Company's recently sanctioned Thunder Hawk development that will include a stand-alone semi-submersible floating production unit.
Murphy owns a 37.5% working interest in the field and serves as operator. Partners are Dominion Exploration & Production, Inc., a subsidiary of Dominion Resources, 25%, Hydro Gulf of Mexico, L.L.C., 25%, and Marubeni Offshore Production (USA) Inc., a subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, 12.5%.
- Dominion Hub III Project Seeking Binding Precedent (Jan 08)
- 2007 Mr. Spindletop Retires: Dominion Bids Farewell to Radtke (Jan 04)
- Dominion Closes Sale on its E&P Mid-Continent Properties (Aug 31)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Marubeni Corp more info
- JOGMEC, Inpex, Marubeni Ink Exploration Deal with Rosneft (Dec 15)
- Indonesia's Small-Scale LNG Plans Face Several Challenges (Apr 15)
- MODEC Secures Japanese Partners in Petrobras FPSO Project (Apr 14)