Gas Shows Encountered at Heron-1
CNPC Says the Heron-1 well has encountered fluorescence over a gross interval from 1811 – 1875 meters and gas shows (C1-C5) over a gross interval from 1857 – 1875 meters in interbedded sandstones and shales.
The shallowest objective for Heron-1 is at approximately 2200m in Cenomanian sandstones and a deeper objective is at approximately 3600m in Aptian sandstones and limestone (see Figure 2).
The Total Depth (TD) of the Heron-1 well is proposed at 3800m.
The drilling of exploration well Heron-1 is expected to take approximately 3 months to complete to a depth of 3,800m and will include four casing strings.
Heron-1 is located in Coastal Block 20 onshore Mauritania. CNPCIM is a wholly owned subsidiary of CNPC International Limited (CNPCI) and is Operator of Block 20 with 65% interest. Baraka Petroleum's interest in Block 20 is 35%.
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- CNPC, Guangdong Sign Strategic Deal On S. China Sea Methane Hydrate (Aug 28)
Company: Baraka Petroleum more info
- Baraka, GBE Join Forces to Drill in Georgina Basin (Apr 09)
- Baraka Plans to Increase Activity on Chicuaco Block (Feb 26)
- Seismic Work Complete on La Punta Block in Colombia (Jan 08)