Talisman Gets Approval to Drill Well 15/12-17 S
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted a drilling permit to Talisman Energy Norge AS for well 15/12-17 S. The will be drilled by the Maersk Giant.
The drilling program for wellbore 15/12-17 S concerns drilling of an appraisal well in Production License 038. Talisman is the operator (65%), and the other licensees are Petoro (30%) and Pertra (5%). The area belonging to this license is located in the southern part of block 15/12, just south of Varg which is again located further to the south of Sleipner Ost in the North Sea.
Production license 038 was awarded as an addition to the 3rd round in 1975. Altogether 16 wells have previously been drilled in this block. Maersk Giant will be arriving from repairs in Denmark.
The permit is contingent upon receipt of other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to start-up of the drilling activities.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)