PTTEP Expands Investment in Indonesia
PTT Exploration and Production Plc (PTTEP) signed a Farm-in/Farm-out Agreement for Block Bengara I with PT Medco E&P Bengara Company Limited (Medco) on November 24, 2006.
Under the agreement, PTTEP Bengara I Company Limited (PTTEPB), a subsidiary of PTTEP, will hold a 40% of interest, while PT Medco E&P Bengara retains 60% and is the Operator of this project.
The onshore Block Bengara I covers an area of approximately 2,311 square kilometers. The block is located in the eastern part of Kalimantan Island, Indonesia. Primary geological study for the Block indicates crude oil potential. The project partners plan to drill one exploration well this year.
PTTEP President, Mr. Maroot Mrigadat states that the Bengara I is the second exploration investment in Indonesia. He views the signing of the agreement as another significant step for the company, "PTTEP is pleased to collaborate once more with Medco and Indonesian government with whom PTTEP has always enjoyed good working relations with." PTTEP has previously invested in the Merangin I Block in Indonesia since 2005.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: PT Medco Energi more info
- Lundin Petroleum Sells Indonesian Upstream Assets to Medco for $22M (Oct 09)
- Indonesia's Medco Gets Additional 25 Years to Operate Oman Oil Fields (Apr 29)
- Medco Energi Discovers Oil, Gas in Indonesia and Libya (Sep 29)