Grenland Group to Provide Engineering for the Stena DrillMax II Topsides
Grenland Group has been awarded a total engineering contract for a drillship topside designed for operations in deep waters.
Grenland Group's Technology Division has signed an engineering contract with one of the largest shipbuilders in the world, Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) in Korea. The contract covers detail engineering of the drilling topside for the new deepwater drillship to Stena Drilling, "Stena Drillmax II".
The engineering work starts immediately, and 15 people will be engaged in Grenland Group's facilities in Tonsberg. This vessel is a sister vessel to Stena Drillmax I. Grenland Group successfully delivered the topside design for Stena Drillmax I to Samsung on June 30, 2006. The total value of this new contract is approximately NOK 13 million.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)
Company: Grenland Group more info
- Grenland Enters Engineering Agreement with Samsung for Valemon Platform (May 19)
- Grenland Receives LOIs from FMC (Mar 15)
- Grenland Lands FEED Contract for Gullfaks B (Feb 17)