Woodside Farms into Brazilian Acreage
Woodside Energy Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Woodside Petroleum Ltd., has agreed to acquire from Repsol-YPF a 25% interest in nine exploration blocks in the Santos Basin off southeastern Brazil.
Assignment of the interest is subject to the prior approval of Brazilian authorities. The blocks, awarded to Repsol-YPF in Brazil's 2005 licensing round, are about 180km southeast of Sao Paulo in water depths of 150 meters to nearly 1000 meters and cover 2060 square kilometers.
Under the agreement, Repsol-YPF will operate the blocks – S-M-506, S-M-616, S-M-617, S-M- 670, S-M-673, S-M-674, S-M-675, S-M-728 and S-M-789. Woodside's commitment in the first exploration term of four years covers its share of three-dimensional seismic acquisition and one exploration well. A one-year extension of the exploration term is possible.
The agreement is consistent with Woodside's strategy to have several exploration opportunities
cycling through the business with significant potential upside, attractive fiscal terms and
competitive entry cost.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)