Sevan Completes Bond Issue for Driller
Sevan Marine ASA said that its Sevan Drilling AS unit has completed its recently announced NOK 1 billion bond issue. The bond was completed on Friday and was oversubscribed 4.6 times. It was placed with Norwegian and international professional investors and will have a term of six years and will carry an interest rate of Nibor + 5%.
The proceeds from the issue will be used to part-finance the construction of the deepwater drilling rig Sevan Driller, which is currently under construction. The Sevan Driller has been contracted to Petrobras America Inc. under a six-year drilling contract in the US Gulf, which is expected to commence in the first quarter of 2009.
Pareto Securities ASA and SEB Merchant Banking were acting as advisors to Sevan Drilling.
Sevan Marine ASA is a Norwegian company listed on Oslo Bors with its own unique
technology for floating production, storage and drilling. Sevan's technology is developed for applications in offshore oil and gas field developments. The cylindrical hull form has a significant competitive edge when compared to traditional type floaters. Sevan Marine has offices in Tananger, Arendal and Stjordal, Norway; Singapore and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)
Company: Sevan Drilling more info
- Sevan Drilling, Cosco to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer to Mid-October (Apr 15)
- Sevan Drilling Exercises Option to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer (Nov 03)
- Cosco, Sevan Drilling Agree to Extend Delivery Date for Sevan Developer (Oct 17)