Petrobras, Petroperu Consortium Signs 6 Maranon TEAs
The consortium of Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) and Peru's state oil company Petroperu signed six technical evaluation agreements (TEAs) with state hydrocarbons promotions agency Perupetro, Petrobras and Petroperu said in separate statements.
The TEAs correspond to the Maranon basin's XXVI, XXVII, XXVIII, XXIX, XXX and XXXI blocks and have a two-year period.
The consortium will identify zones with the most hydrocarbons-bearing potential in order to determine if it will enter into E&P license contracts.
The TEAs will require a US$980,000mn in investment, to be financed equally by Petrobras and Petroperu.
Petrobras produces 15,000b/d oil and gas in Block X in northwest Peru and also has six exploration concessions covering 57,500 sq km.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: Perupetro more info
- Peru Says Will Cut Royalties In Current Oil Contracts By July (Feb 03)
- Peru To Cut Oil, Gas Royalties To 5% To Counter Price Slump (Nov 11)
- Government: Peru's Biggest Oil Block Fails to Receive Any Bids (Aug 05)
Company: Petroperu more info
- Company: Explosion At Petroperu Crude Oil Tank Kills Two Workers (Dec 06)
- Peru Crude Oil Pipeline Resumes Operation After Year Of Spills (Sep 26)
- Peru To Issue Up To $3B In Bonds To Finance State-Run Oil Firm (Apr 18)