Preliminary Results: 39 Qualify for Round 8 Bidding
Thirty-nine companies have qualified to bid at Brazil's 8th hydrocarbons licensing round November 28-29, according to a preliminary listing of qualified companies published by hydrocarbons regulator ANP.
State-controlled oil companies from India (ONGC Videsh), Turkey (Turkiye Petrolleri) and Colombia (Ecopetrol) qualified. Most of the other qualified companies have bid in previous rounds.
Of the total qualified so far, 13 are Brazilian companies, including federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR). The rest are from at least 12 countries.
Foreign qualifiers include British companies BP (NYSE: BP) and BG Group (NYSE: BGR); Anglo-Dutch oil company Shell (NYSE: RDS-B); and US companies Chevron (NYSE: CVX), Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN) and ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM).
ANP will publish the full listing of qualified companies on Friday (Nov 17), a spokesperson told BNamericas.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Japan's JERA Imports First LNG Cargo Shipped From Chevron's Wheatstone Site (Nov 13)
- Chevron Canada Okays Duvernay Development (Nov 07)
Company: Devon Energy more info
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Devon Energy 3Q Profit Beats Estimates (Oct 31)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)
- Brazil Pre-Salt Oil Output Surpasses All Other Fields In June (Jul 31)