India GSPC Hopes Offshore KG Basin Stake Sale by End-Jan
NEW DELHI, Nov 17, 2006 (Dow Jones Newsires)
Gujarat State Petroleum Corp. hopes to sell up to 30% of its equity in its natural gas block off India's eastern coast by the end of January, company managing director D.J. Pandian said Friday.
"The bidders have asked for some more data. We are planning another round of testing at our well later this month. We will provide the data to the bidders and hope to sell the stake by end-January or February," Pandian told Dow Jones Newswires.
GSPC is looking for a partner that will buy up to a 30% stake in its gas discovery in India's Krishna-Godavari basin.
GSPC is a wholly-owned enterprise of the Gujarat state government. The company is involved in domestic oil and gas exploration ventures.
Separately, a GSPC executive said four companies have been shortlisted to partner the company in developing the gas find.
"The companies we have shortlisted are BP PLC (BP), BG Group PLC (BRG), Chevron Corp. (CVX) and Italy's Eni SpA (E)," said the executive, who did not wish to be identified.
As many as 11 companies had initially shown interest in purchasing a stake in the GSPC gas discovery.
"We lack technical expertise. More than the financial strength of the partner, we are looking at a company which can bring in technological expertise," said the executive.
GSPC struck gas in the Krishna-Godavari basin in June 2005, where it estimates reserves to be around 20 trillion cubic feet.
The company is also planning an initial public offer after it completes the sale of the stake in the gas block.
"We are planning an IPO, but there is no time schedule. We are working on it...it is still at a preliminary stage," said Pandian.
Pandian declined to say how much the company hopes to raise through the stake sale and IPO.
Copyright (c) 2006 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Gujarat State Petroleum Corp. more info
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Oilex Commences Gas Production from Bhandut Field in Gujarat, India (Apr 08)
- GeoGlobal Updates ANK 41-S Drilling In India (Dec 22)