Woodside Hits Pay in Libya
Libya's National Oil Corp. (NOC) said that Woodside Energy N.A. Ltd has made a new gas discovery in Block NC-210 in the North African country's Murzuq Basin under the EPSA-3 between the two companies.
NOC reported that numerous preliminary tests were carried out on the "Owenat Waneen" and "Al-Marar" formations to depths between 1961 – 1175 feet, where flowed more than 20 million cubic feet per day (MMscfd). Geological maps are being reviewed to make preliminary evaluations of the overall reserves in the reservoir and to determine locations of appraisal wells.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
- Source: Libya's Sharara Oil Field Reopens After Pipeline Blockade (Sep 05)