Sulzer Wins Major Order from Transneft
Sulzer Pumps this month received received a large pumps order from Russia for oil pipelines to be operated by Transneft. The order includes main pipeline, vertical booster and vertical loading pumps. The pipeline is a key infrastructure project in order to transport crude oil from Eastern Siberia to the Pacific Ocean.
The pipeline project has been announced in 2006 by Transneft and will be finished in two years. The 1.2 m diameter, 4130 km pipeline will transport 1.8 million barrels of crude oil per day by 2008.
Sulzer Pumps UK will manage the project, manufacture and assemble the pumps. The pumps ordered from Sulzer will be fully tested together with other significant equipment (electric motors and other electrical supplies) at the company's state-of-the-art test facility at its Leeds site. This shall ensure smooth commissioning and start up.
The ability to design, build, and test large custom designed pumps to match the project's requirements was a key factor for the selection of the supplier. Sulzer Pumps has extensive experience in designing and building pumps for transcontinental pipelines. It is important that the installed pumps are efficient, reliable, and require a minimum of maintenance. The harsh and remote Siberian environment makes these factors even more critical.
- Sulzer Pumps Wins Deal for Ichthy Project's FPSO (Aug 19)
- FMC Technologies, Sulzer Pumps Ink Deal for Subsea Industry (Feb 05)
- Sulzer Wood Achieves ISO 14001 Environmental Certification (Mar 11)
Company: Transneft more info
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Transneft and Rosneft Squabble Over Oil Contract Terms (Dec 29)
- Russian Court Turns Down Shareholder Claim Over Transneft Dividend (Nov 18)