Eni Gets Green Light to Drill Wildcat Well 7122/7-5
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted ENI Norge AS permission to drill well 7122/7-5 in production license 229. The well will be drilled using the Transocean Polar Pioneer.
The drilling program for well 7122/7-5 applies to drilling of a wildcat well. ENI is the operator with a 65 per cent ownership interest. Other owners are Statoil with 20 per cent and DNO with 15 per cent.
The area of this production license consists of blocks 7122/7, 8, 9 and 10 and 7123/7, which are situated about 85 km northwest of Hammerfest and about 50 km southeast of the Snohvit field. Production license 229 was awarded in the Barents Sea Project in 1997.
Four exploration wells have previously been drilled in the area encompassed by the production license. The Polar Pioneer is currently completing well 7122/7-4 for ENI.
The drilling permit is based on the condition that other permits and consents required by other authorities are issued before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)