Norsk Hydro Gets OK for Barents Sea Well
Norsk Hydro has been given consent to carry out exploration drilling in the Barents Sea with the Transocean Polar Pioneer.
Well 7125/4-1 lies approximately 44 km north of the North Cape in 293 meters of water. The well belongs to production license 393, where Hydro is the operator and Eni Norge AS, BG Norge AS and Petoro AS are the other licensees.
The exploration drilling is planned to start in December 2006 and will last for approximately 40 days. Drilling in oil-bearing layers is permitted from September 1st to February 28th.
Our decision is based on the application submitted by Hydro and the additional documentation showing that the planned operations can be carried out in accordance with prevailing regulations.
Consent is granted under the conditions given in the Acknowledgment of Compliance (AoC) issued for Polar Pioneer on May 6, 2004 with the duties the AoC entails for the shipowner and operator.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)