Entek Reports Gas Discovery at High Island
As previously announced, Entek Energy Limited recently participated with a 5-percent working interest in an exploratory test well located in 37 feet of water on the S/2 SW/4 of High Island Block 24-L, Texas State Waters Offshore. The well was drilled to a depth of 14,988 feet MD (TVD) and penetrated over 300 feet of net pay in Lower Miocene Lentic Jeff sands.
The well has now been successfully completed and a flow test was conducted on November 4-5, 2006.
The final flow rate prior to shut in of the well was 47.5 MMscfD on a 45/64ths wellhead choke, with approximately 6 barrels of 45.9 API gravity condensate per million cubic feet of gas (312 barrels of condensate per day).
The well was shut-in at 08:00 on November 5th 2006. The rig is being rigged down prior to demobilization.
The operator (Walter Oil & Gas Corporation) is working on a plan to have the well in production by end first quarter 2007. Entek consider that to have the well on line sometime during 2nd quarter 2007 would be a significant achievement.
Entek and its partners participated in successful bids at the State of Texas Lease Sale held on October 3, 2006 on three offshore tracts that are contiguous to the discovery tract.
- Block 24-L, MGL 206 (N/2 of SW/4)
- Block 25-L, MGL 208 (S/2 of SE/4)
- Block 32-L, MGL 210 (N/2 of NW/4)
Entek now holds a 5% interest in 2,880 acres around the discovery well.
This significant gas column discovered in High Island 24-L has delivered an excellent test result. Based on this information, facilities can be designed for processing the significant gas rates to enable the joint venture to move into commercial production.
Given that this block was only bid for and awarded in April 2006, it is a significant
achievement to have completed farm-ins and drilled and completed a 14,988-foot
discovery well before the end of 2006.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Debris From Walters Well Cleared, Visual Inspection Underway (Aug 08)
- US Regulators Study Drilling in Shallow Water Following Blowout in July (Aug 06)
- Relief Well Drilling Commenced at South Timbalier (Aug 05)
Company: Entek Energy more info
- Entek Finalizes Sells GOM Stake, Adds Niobrara Acreage (Mar 08)
- Entek to Commence Frac Stimulation Program at Battle Mountain (Sep 15)
- Entek Updates Activities in Niobrara Shale Oil Proj. (Sep 01)