Cutter-1 to be Plugged and Abandoned
Tap Oil says that the Cutter-1 exploration, located in PEP 38259 offshore New Zealand, has reached its planned total depth and all wireline logging operations have been completed.
The primary objective Shag Point Sandstones were water wet. The previously reported shallower interval with gas shows over 73 gross meters have been assessed and are not likely to be of economic interest at Cutter. The well will now be plugged and abandoned.
The Cutter-1 well was designed to explore for hydrocarbons within the Shag Point Formation. While this objective zone was water wet, Tap is encouraged by the gas shows in the shallower interval.
Tap will investigate the implications of the Cutter well results for the nearby Barque prospect over the coming weeks as detailed well data analyses are received. The huge Barque Prospect is located in deeper water and closer to the mapped hydrocarbon source rocks in the basin.
Joint Venture participants are Tap Oil as operator with 40%; AWE New Zealand Pty Ltd with 25.00%; Beach Petroleum (NZ) Pty Ltd with 20.00% and Anzon New Zealand Limited with 15.00%.
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Beach Petroleum more info
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Anzon Energy more info
- Anzon Underscores Merger Ratio for ROC Oil Shares (Sep 18)
- ROC Gets Court Approval to Merge with Anzon (Sep 05)
- Anzon Australia Gets Extension for Shareholders' Statement (Aug 21)