Chevron Begins Production from Landana Field
Chevron's subsidiary Cabinda Gulf Oil Co. Ltd. has commenced crude oil production from the Landana North reservoir in the Tombua-Landana development area.
First oil from Tombua-Landana was achieved on June 20, 2006, from the Landana North #1 subsea well that is tied back to the Benguela Belize -- Lobito Tomboco (BBLT) compliant piled tower. This tieback to BBLT allows early production as well as the gathering of important reservoir information.
The Tombua-Landana development, recently approved by the Block 14 contractor group and the government of Angola, will be Chevron's third operated deepwater development offshore Angola. The 46-well project, located 50 miles (80 kilometers) offshore in more than 1,200 feet (369 meters) of water, will employ a compliant piled tower with one subsea center. The projected peak production from the completed development is approximately 100,000 barrels per day by 2010.
"The exploration and production assets in Chevron's Angola portfolio are of great importance to the company's growth strategy," said John Watson, president of Chevron International Exploration and Production Co. "Tombua-Landana is among more than a dozen major capital projects the company is developing in the nation."
"This milestone underscores the continued success of new developments and production growth in Block 14," said Jim Blackwell, Chevron's managing director of the Southern Africa strategic business unit.
Cabinda Gulf Oil Co. Ltd. is the operator of the Block 14 contractor group, which comprises the following companies:
Cabinda Gulf Oil Co. Ltd. (31 percent)
Sonangol Pesquisa e Producao, SARL (20 percent)
ENI Angola Exploration BV (20 percent)
Total E&P Angola (20 percent)
GALP-Exploracao e Producao (9 percent)
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)