Hardman Spuds Uganda Appraisal Well
Hardman Resources says the Nzizi-1 well has been spudded in Exploration Area 2 in Uganda, using the Eagle Drill-1 rig.
The well has been drilled to a depth of 358 meters in the 9 7/8 inch section and casing has been run. As at midnight 5 November, the operation was preparing to set the blow out preventer (BOP), following which the well will be drilled ahead to total depth of 1,030 meters.
Nzizi-1 will test a structure up-dip of the recent Mputa discovery. The well is designed to evaluate the equivalent oil bearing reservoirs intersected in the Mputa structure. Nzizi-1 is situated approximately 5.5 kilometers to the southwest of Mputa-2 appraisal well.
Partners in Block 2 are Hardman Petroljeum Africa Pty Ltd as operator with 50% and Tullow Oil with the remaining 50%.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
Company: Hardman Resources more info
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)