Challenger Expects Exploration Well to Spud in January
Canadian oil and gas exploration company Challenger Energy (TSX-V: CHA) expects its first exploration well in Trinidad & Tobago to be spudded in January, Challenger said in a statement.
Challenger and Canadian Superior Energy (Amex, TSX: SNG) are exploring Intrepid block 5(c) offshore Trinidad & Tobago.
"Management is optimistic that opportunities for exploration for oil and gas offshore Trinidad & Tobago will attract further financing for the company's growth as required," the statement said.
The company is paying for a third of Canadian Superior's block 5(c) exploration program to obtain 25% of the prospect's revenue share.
Challenger is also participating in Trinidad & Tobago's current hydrocarbons bid round for onshore, nearshore and shallow marine blocks.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Canadian Superior Energy Notes Operational Updates (Jun 03)
- Canadian Superior Energy Posts 1Q10 Results (May 13)
- Canadian Superior Energy Waves Goodbye to COO (May 05)
Company: Challenger Energy Corp. more info
- INSIGHT - Water, Wealth and Whites - S.Africa's Potent Anti-Fracking Mix (Oct 28)
- Canadian Superior Clarifies Status of Challenger Warrants (Sep 25)
- Canadian Superior, Challenger Enter into Business Combination (Jun 19)