Harriet JV Finds Oil at West Cycad-1
Tap Oil says the West Cycad-1, located in Production License TL/9, has drilled ahead to a total depth of 2,178 meters measured depth. Wire line logging, pressure testing and fluid sampling have been completed. Testing and sampling has confirmed the presence of a 9 meter oil column at the Flag Sandstone objective. Two other thin zones of oil and gas respectively were intersected in the well.
The well will now be plugged and abandoned as planned.
The West Cycad-1 oil discovery is an encouraging result. Further work will be required to determine if the hydrocarbon pool can be commercially developed, as it is not within the reach of the existing platform in the area. More significantly it is the southern most oil field discovered in the Flag Sandstone fairway to date and hence bodes well for further oil exploration in that part of the Harriet Joint Venture acreage.
After completing operations on this West Cycad-1 well, the Ensco 67 will move to the South Gibson Production Platform to drill the Gobi-1 exploration well.
Harriet Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest as operator with 68.5%; Tap (Harriet) Pty with 12.2229%; and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)