Deep Venture to Work Offshore West Africa for ExxonMobil
Larsen Oil and Gas Ltd (Aberdeen), as drilling contractor for the drillship Deep Venture, has on behalf of Venture Drilling AS, agreed to a drilling contract with ExxonMobil.
Operations are to be offshore West Africa in water depths of up to 4000' and in various country locations.
The contract duration is for 18 months with a commencement date anticipated in the first quarter of 2007. The contract has a potential gross value in the range of US $200 million - $220 million (excluding direct tax in the various countries where the drillship will operate). The last 12 months of the contract is subject to approval by the relevant government authority in the area of operation.
The Deep Venture will mobilize from Argentina to Cape Town for drydocking in order to carry out a 5 year survey.
Venture Drilling AS is a company owned 50/50 by Sinvest ASA and Petrolia Drilling ASA.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Petrolia Drilling ASA more info
- RPT-Dubai's Drydocks World Signs $730 Mln North Sea Rig Deal (Jan 13)
- Venture Drilling, Russian Co Renegotiate Bareboat Agreement for Drillship (Jun 11)
- International Drilling Contractor Buys Petrorig I for $450MM (Mar 27)