Maersk Oil Enters PSA Deal for Angolan Blocks
Maersk Oil Angola and partners have entered Production Sharing Agreements with Sonangol covering Blocks 8 and 23 offshore Angola. Maersk Oil is designated operator and holds a 50% working interest. Other partners in Blocks 8 and 23 are Occidental Petroleum (30%) and Sonangol (20%).
Blocks 8 and 23 cover areas of some 5,000 square kilometers each. Water depth in Block 8 is up to 500 meters while Block 23 has water depths up to 1,500 meters. Maersk Oil is already operator for activities in Block 16.
The initial exploration phase is for 4 years during which the work program comprises seismic acquisition and, later, exploration drilling.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Occidental 3Q Profit Beats Forecasts On Rising Oil Prices (Nov 01)
- HOW COOL IS THAT! Young West Texas Plant Manager (Oct 24)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)