Manzanillo LNG Reception Contract Attracts Initial 30 Companies
Mexico's state power company CFE reported 30 groups attended the first question and answer session this week for the reception, storage and re-gasification component of the Manzanillo LNG re-gasification project.
Potential bidders include Iberdrola, ICA, Fluor Daniel, Marubeni, Mitsui, OHL, Sempra Energy, Techint, Tokio Gas and Unión Fenosa Gas, according to meeting minutes.
The winner of the contract will also supply natural gas to CFE for 20 years. Bidding rules will be available through March 20 with offers due March 26.
The project's other component entails the supply of 500Mf3/d of LNG for 20 years. The deadline to purchase bidding rules for that contract is January 10 and offers are due January 16.
Nine groups attended the first question and answer session for the supply component.
Winners of the supply and reception, storage and re-gasification contracts will have to provide guarantees of US$120mn and US$85mn respectively at contract signing.
CFE expects the Manzanillo project in Colima state on the Pacific coast to begin operations in April 2011.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Aqualis Offshore Wins Brazilian Contract (Mar 04)
- Peru to Sign 20 Hydrocarbon Exploration Contracts in '10 (Dec 28)
- Peru LNG Starts Pipeline Construction (Oct 08)
Company: Sempra Energy more info
- TransCanada Wins Mexico Pipeline Auction as Sempra Disqualified (Apr 08)
- US Approves Exports From Sempra's Cameron LNG Terminal (Feb 11)
- El Paso to Sell Mexican Pipeline Assets (Feb 24)