SembCorp's PPL Shipyard to Build Jackup for Offshore Group Corp.
PPL Shipyard, a subsidiary of SembCorp Marine, has secured a rig building contract worth US$155 million from Offshore Group Corp. for the construction of a Baker Marine Pacific Class 375 Deep Drilling Offshore Jackup Rig.
Mr. Ong Tian Khiam, Managing Director of PPL Shipyard said "The Construction Contract is an option that PPL Shipyard granted to Offshore Group Corp. in 2005 and which the latter has now decided to exercise given the current buoyant offshore market conditions and the strong demand for such proven high performance and high specification jackup rigs."
Construction of the jackup rig is expected to commence in December 2006 with delivery scheduled in July 2009.
The jackup rig will be built based on PPL's proprietary Baker Marine Pacific Class 375 Deep Drilling design. The rig will be equipped with a drilling package that will enable it to drill high pressure and high temperature wells at 30,000 feet while operating in 375 feet of water. It has accommodation for 120 men.
PPL Shipyard is a rig-building yard with proven track record in the building and servicing of jackup and semisubmersible rigs. It has recently delivered two units of new generation Baker Marine Pacific Class 375 Deep Drilling jackup rigs to owners.
Barring unforeseen circumstances, SembCorp Marine expects a positive
contribution to its earnings from the contract. However, this contract is not
expected to have any material impact on the net tangible assets and earnings
per share of SembCorp Marine for the year ending December 31, 2006.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: PPL Shipyard more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)
Company: Offshore Group Corp. more info
- Vantage Energy Services to Acquire Four Jackups (Aug 30)
- PPL Shipyard Receives Repeat Order from Offshore Group Corp. (Jan 16)
- SembCorp's PPL Shipyard to Build Jackup for Offshore Group Corp. (Oct 31)