Odim Wins Siem Contract
Odim ASA has been awarded a contract by Siem Offshore Inc. to supply one automated handling system for remotely- operated vehicles (ROV). Odim considers the contract as strategically important. The contract is worth some NOK 11 million.
"It seems like Odim's Launch and Recovery system (ODIM LARS) is about to be established as an industry standard included in the early design phase of subsea vessels. Yet another new customer choosing Odim's ROV handling systems confirms this," said Jogeir Romestrand, Odim's CEO.
Siem Offshore is a new customer for Odim, and after receiving this order Odim has received orders of a total of 16 such systems. The system for Siem Offshore is due to be delivered in the last quarter of 2007.
Odim LARS is an automated handling system designed to handle equipment which will be used in water depths down to 4,000 meters, and to be operated at significant waves of up to 4.5 meters height.
"This means Odim LARS can be operated in higher
waves and tougher weather conditions than our
competitor`s equipment, adding many working days
each year for the subsea vessel, thereby
increasing our customers profitability," commented
- Siem Offshore Acquires 100% Interest in Secunda Canada (May 18)
- Woodside Inks Contract for Australia's First LNG-Powered Support Vessel (Apr 12)
- Siem Offshore Bags Contract to Provide AHTS Vessel to Woodside (Mar 21)
Company: Odim ASA more info
- Rolls-Royce Acquires More Than 90% of ODIM Shares (Mar 30)
- Rolls-Royce Gets Green Light for ODIM Acquisition (Mar 22)
- Rolls-Royce Launches Cash Offer for Odim (Feb 26)