Kupe Drilling Rig Arrival Date Revised
Origin Energy Resources (Kupe) Limited said that the Ensco 107 drilling rig for the Kupe Gas Project is now expected to arrive in June 2007, delayed from the original planned date of March 2007.
Project Director for the Kupe Gas Project, Mr. Peter Ashford said "This delay does not affect our critical path and the Project remains on schedule for first gas in the first half of the 2009 calendar year."
The project was blessed by local Maori on Saturday October 14th, following which the roadworks and site preparation for the onshore production station began.
Participants are Origin Energy as operator with 50%; Genesis Energy with 31%; New Zealand Oil & Gas with 15%; Mitsui E&P New Zealand with 4%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Submits Application to Exit Kaheru PEP 52181 (Mar 23)
- New Zealand Pushes Ahead to Grow Upstream Sector, Reap Economic Gains (Aug 28)
- Australia's AWE, PPP, NZOG To Drill 2nd Oil Well Off NZ Coast (Jun 10)