Ancap Could Complete Offshore Seismic Acquisition in 8 Months
Uruguay's state oil company Ancap could complete within eight months the acquisition of 3D seismic data on deepwater regions in the Pelotas and Punta del Este basins, Ancap CEO Sergio Lattanzio told BNamericas.
The eight-month timeline will depend on Ancap's ability to acquire a boat to conduct the offshore survey, he said on the sidelines of the 3rd Annual Energy Integration Congress in Buenos Aires hosted by BNamericas and International Business Communications.
Interpretation will take an additional eight months after acquiring the data, Lattanzio said.
Uruguay could tender blocks in the regions if data from the areas appears favorable, Lattanzio added.
Ancap is reinterpreting existing seismic data in the regions with Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) and a Brazilian university.
Last year, Ancap and Petrobras signed a MOU for exploration and refining cooperation.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: Ancap more info
- Uruguay Says To Tender 17 Offshore Blocks For Exploration (Apr 25)
- Japan's MOL Agrees Deal to Provide FSRU to Uruguay's Gas Sayago (May 12)
- MOL, Gas Sayago to Continue with Development of the Uruguay FSRU Project (Oct 06)