Origin Energy Spuds Eremia 5 Development Well
Origin Energy reports that operations at the oil development well Eremia 5 located in the onshore Perth Basin Production License L1 have commenced using the Century 18 drilling rig.
Eremia 5 is located approximately 12 kilometers southeast of the township of Dongara. The primary target is the Late Permian Dongara Sandstone, the main oil-producing reservoir in the Jingemia, Hovea and Eremia fields.
Eremia 5 is designed to intersect the Dongara Sandstone as near as possible to the structural crest of the Eremia oil field and updip from existing Eremia wells. This well is being drilled directionally and is prognosed to intersect the top of the Dongara Sandstone at approximately 2,142 meters measured depth at a subsurface location approximately 306 meters northeast of the surface location.
The well has a planned total depth of approximately 2,331 meters measured depth and is expected to take 18 days to drill and complete.
Participants in L1 and Eremia 5 are:
Origin Energy Developments Pty Ltd* 50.00%
ARC Energy Ltd (Operator) 50.00%
* A wholly owned subsidiary of Origin Energy Limited
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)