Weatherford Solid Expandables Reaches Monobore Milestone
Weatherford International has achieved an important fourth milestone of the monobore solid expandable technology collaborative agreement with BP. Using Weatherford's 7-5/8" x 9-5/8" MetalSkin open-hole liner system, 1,035 feet of 7-5/8" expandable casing was successfully expanded extending the 9-5/8" 53.5 lb/ft casing string in one of BP's U.S. assets. This was the fourth successful installation of Weatherford's latest version of the MetalSkin open-hole liner system of this size. The product line now covers the full range of 5-1/2" to 7", 7-5/8" to 9-5/8" and 11-3/4" to 13-3/8".
The design incorporates several key attributes to significantly lower operating risks commonly associated with using solid expandable well construction technology.
Key features include seamless metal to metal expandable connections and a system to minimize contingency mechanisms for continuation of expansion in case of loss of pressure.
The final phase of this technology collaboration agreement is scheduled to be completed in the first quarter of 2007, with the downhole expansion of Weatherford's high collapse monobore open-hole liner system.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Weatherford International more info
- Weatherford Names Former Halliburton CFO Its New Chief (Mar 07)
- Document: Algeria's Sonatrach Awards $180M in Oil Service Contracts (May 08)
- Aker Posts Lower Profits, Cuts Workforce Salary (Feb 12)