Maersk Awarded Contract for Work Offshore Brunei from Total
Maersk Contractors and Total E&P Borneo have agreed on a contract for lease of a 375 ft jackup rig to drill at Total's Maharaja Lela field off Brunei. The rig is presently under construction at Jurong Shipyard in Singapore.
The contract will commence upon delivery of the rig in March 2007 and has a duration of one year with an option to extend the contract for one more year.
This latest generation 375' jackup, which has yet to be named, distances itself from conventional jackups in several areas, not least on the drill floor where the highly mechanized equipment leads to increased safety of the crew. The sophisticated drilling equipment will also make the rigs well qualified for drilling deep and difficult wells, including high temperature/high pressure wells.
A total of 120 people can be accommodated on board.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)