Aker Kvaerner Awarded Mooring Systems Contracts
Aker Kvaerner has recently been awarded contracts for the delivery of advanced mooring systems with a total contract value of NOK 200 million. The contracts comprise deliveries both to the offshore and marine industry.
The work is undertaken by the Aker Kvaerner subsidiary Aker Kvaerner Pusnes in Arendal.
The awards include delivery to the two advanced Aker Drilling H6e semi-submersible rigs to be built at Aker Kvaerner Stord and to five deepwater semisubmersible rigs to be built at Jurong's shipyard in Singapore.
Leif Haukom, president of Aker Kvaerner Pusnes, says, "Strong markets and competitive solutions have further given Aker Kvaerner Pusnes marine deck machinery orders for 60 new merchant vessels in the third quarter of 2006". Delivery will mainly be to yards in Korea and China. On yearly basis, Aker Kvaerner Pusnes supplies deck machinery to more than 160 ships worldwide.
"These awards confirm Aker Kvaerner's strong position in the global market for advanced offshore products and technologies" says Mads Andersen, executive vice president in Aker Kvaerner.
Manufacturing of the equipment will take place in Europe and Asia. The delivery dates are scheduled from 2007 to 2009.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)