Tap Oil Spuds Cutter-1 Exploration Well
Tap Oil reports that drilling operations at the Cutter-1 exploration well commenced on October 9, 2006. Cutter-1 is located in PEP 38259, with a surface location approximately 23km offshore east of Oamaru, New Zealand in 63 meters of water. Cutter-1 will be drilled as a vertical well to a target depth of approximately 3,000m.
The Cutter-1 well is designed to explore for hydrocarbons within the Shag Point Formation. The well is expected to take approximately 30 days to reach the proposed total vertical depth. The well is being drilled by Diamond Offshore's semisub, Ocean Patriot.
Participants in the well are Tap Oil as operator with 40%; AWE New Zealand with 25%; Beach Petroleum with 20% and Anzon with 15%.
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Beach Petroleum more info
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Anzon Australia more info
- Ocean Patriot Completes Drilling Program at BMG Field (Sep 03)
- Pertamina Picks Up Stake in Offshore BMG Project (Aug 19)
- Roc Oil Highlights Workover Program at BMG Oil and Gas Field (Aug 04)