GP Energy Signs Farm-out with APCO and Antrim in Argentina
Gold Point Energy has entered into a farm-out agreement with APCO Argentina Inc. (Sucursal Argentina) and Antrim Argentina S.A. to earn a 25% interest in the Yacimiento Norte 1/B Block in Salta Province, Argentina.
"The Yacimiento Norte 1/B Block is strategically located along a highly prolific oil-producing trend in the Yacoraite sandstone. It is situated adjacent to the Puesto Guardian Block which has oil production from the Yacoraite. Our plan is to utilize 3D seismic to guide a drilling program in search of any extensions of the hydrocarbon bearing Yacoraite sandstone onto the Yacimiento. Success with this plan would be a major step towards realizing our business objectives in Argentina." Stated Jack Steinhauser, President and CEO.
Under the terms of the farm-out agreement GP Energy has committed to pay 50% of a $1 million, 60 square kilometer 3D seismic program plus 50% of a $2 million, 2300 meter test well to earn a 25% working interest in the Martinez del Tineo Oeste Prospect. Following the drilling of the Martinez del Tineo Oeste Prospect, GP Energy shall have the option to earn a 25% interest in the entire Yacimiento Norte 1/B Block by funding 50% of the acquisition of up to 300 square kilometers of 3D seismic and 50% of the costs of two exploratory wells. Previous 2D seismic surveys have revealed numerous potential oil-bearing structures on the Block.
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)
Company: Apco Argentina more info
- Apco Expands O&G Development in Argentina (Mar 02)
- Apco Argentina Inc. Changes Name to Apco Oil and Gas International Inc. (Jul 14)
- High Operating Costs Lead to Decrease in Apco's Net Income (Mar 11)
Company: Gold Point Energy Corp. (GP) more info
- San Leon's Proposed Acquisition Collects New Polish Concessions (Mar 19)
- GPEI Signs LOI with RTR to Redevelop Tepee Butte Oil Field (Jul 07)
- JKX and Aurelian Ink LOI with Gold Point for Bulgarian Golitza Blocks (Jul 02)