Independence Hub Successfully Integrated
Atlantia Offshore Limited has successfully integrated the hull and topsides of its DeepDraft Semi for the Independence Hub development.
The operation, which took place quayside at the Kiewit Offshore Services facility in Ingleside, Texas, was completed over several hours on September 20, 2006, utilizing Kiewit's specialized Heavy Lifting Device to set the 8,400-ton deck onto the 10,000-ton hull.
Additional hookup and commissioning activities are expected to continue over the next several weeks after which the Hub will be towed to Mississippi Canyon block 920 in the Gulf of Mexico where it will be moored in a world record 8,000 feet of water. Once installed, the Atlantia DeepDraft Semi will connect to one 24" export gas line, and have the capacity to connect to 16 infield flowlines and 12 umbilicals coming from an initial 10 ultra-deepwater fields. Total designed throughput of the process facility will be one billion cubic feet per day of natural gas.
Independence Hub is owned 80% by Enterprise Products Partners L.P. and 20% by Helix Energy Solutions and will be operated by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, on behalf of the Atwater Valley Producers Group. The Atwater Valley Producers Group is comprised of Anadarko Petroleum, Dominion Exploration & Production, Hydro Gulf of Mexico LLC, Devon Energy Corporation and Energy Resources Technology.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Enterprise Products Partners LP more info
- Colonial Partners With Enterprise For Fuel Exports From Beaumont Terminal (Oct 10)
- Pompano Gas Production Ramps Up Again (Jul 26)
- Fire at Mississippi gas plant halts US Gulf Coast platforms (Jun 28)
Company: Atlantia Offshore Limited more info
- Atlantia Unveils SCR-friendly Semisub FPU (Feb 08)
- Aker Kvaerner to Install Thunder Hawk FPU (Jan 11)
- Independence Hub Successfully Integrated (Sep 26)